Wednesday 9 April 2014

Navigation Inn Burger Bar - Nottingham

I thought it only fitting to recommence the A Taste Of Nottingham blog with this post! So the last post was from September, (even if it was only posted the other day)! As you may know, Annie has made the very-clever decision to move her burger shack to the Lace Market area of Nottingham, which means that The Navigation Inn doesn't have Annie's burgers in any more. It was one of my friends' birthday a couple of weeks ago, and she was hoping to get a table at Annie's new burger shack! Unfortunately, this restaurant is extremely popular and is always fully booked! Because there were so many of us, we'd have to book a table.

Long story short, we ended up booking a table at the Nav instead. I think they're making the most of the fame they'd found by hosting Annie's, so are serving some burgers too in their Burger Bar. Some of them are suspiciously similar to Annie's too...

When we went, they had a temporary menu and, usefully, the burger that I had isn't on the new, permanent menu! The Navigation Inn still offers vegan, veggie and meaty burgers, with some chicken and fish options too. We'd booked a table for the 10+ of us, and we preordered our food. We didn't have to wait long at all for the burgers to be brought out! I decided to go for an Italian style burger, called "The Soprano Burger". It was a beef burger topped with pasata, spinach, pancetta and mozzarella cheese. Yum! I opted for curly fries on the side. The burger also came with a gherkin and coleslaw. Delicious!


So this burger wasn't the beastliest of burgers, but I was definitely full by the time I'd finished it! The pasata gave the burger a delicious texture, not that the burger was dry at all. The recipe for the burger isn't as good as Annie's, but I may be slightly biased! My burger was only £8.50, which is a significant price difference to Annie's. I like that you have the choice of sides with your burger and the addition of coleslaw was a nice touch. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone, and the owner was nice enough to give us 10% off vouchers for the next time we go in!

For more information about The Navigation Inn, please go to http://www.thenavinn.com/ You can also call  0115 8371930 or email info@thenavinn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment