Saturday 7 September 2013

Joe Delucci's, Nottingham

After we went to Turtle Bay for lunch, we decided to go for some ice cream, and I do love my ice cream! Joe Delucci's sells traditional gelato, or Italian ice cream. Gelato is creamier and has less air in than regular ice cream. You can buy this ice cream in Victoria Centre in Nottingham, on the ground floor. There is a vast array of flavours, from fruity to chocolatey. There are also fat-free, dairy-free and gluten-free options available, so you don't really have an excuse not to eat it!!


We couldn't decide on one flavour so we decided to treat ourselves to two scoops, which is a pricey £3. I think that is a lot of money for some ice cream, even if it is "remarkable Italian ice cream" (as their tag line states) and think 50p per extra scoop would be a lot better. 

I went for a scoop of the cookies and cream and a scoop of dulce de leche. Yuuum!


I decided to get it in a pot as I'd just eaten a monstrously-sized burger, but it is also possible to get a cone. I loved this flavour combination. The cookies and cream ice cream was delicious. The chunks of chocolate cookie weren't too big and the vanilla ice cream wasn't too sweet. I was a little surprised to not see vanilla seeds in the vanilla ice cream, but it was still a gorgeously creamy flavour and consistency. I was a little surprised at the dulce de leche. I was definitely expecting the ice cream to be sweeter than it was, as I expect it to be a more-toffee flavour. It was delicious but not as sweet as I thought.


The flavours Mario opted for were Nocciolata (or chocolate-hazelnut to you and me) and Crème Brûlée. The Nocciolata tasted like a slightly bitter Nutella, which was very tasty! The ice cream was very creamy and not too sweet at all, like other Nutella ice cream I've tasted. The hazelnut flavour was also quite strong and wasn't overpowered by the chocolate. The Crème Brûlée ice cream was also delicious. Once again, not too sweet, the caramel-flavour was perfect.

We would definitely advise you to pop into Victoria Centre and treat yourself to some delicious gelato!


No comments:

Post a Comment