Wednesday 18 September 2013

Lee Rosy's Tea, Nottingham

A couple of weeks ago, I went out for lunch with some friends and we ended up at Lee Rosy's for some tea and cake! I have already done a post about this quaint little tea room, which you can see here, and that post will have more information on the tea room.

We sat downstairs on this visit, as there is additional seating there. The stairs lead down to a room with about 5 tables, one of which has comfy chairs and a sofa around. I think this room needs better lighting as it is extremely dark (due to it being below-ground and there is, obviously, no daylight) and it could do with decorating. It looks a little shabby, but I suppose the whole tearoom has a shabby-chic feel to it.

Well in my last post, I wrote to say that I was disappointed that tea didn't come in a teapot. On my second visit, I saw a sign that said that it is possible to get a teapot if you'd like one, but a cup of tea is £1.40. I also found the tea menu on this visit! I hadn't realised that it existed so I got a peach tea this time.


This tea was a gorgeous deep red colour. I felt as though it was steeped to a sufficient time for me this time as the tea had a delicious peach flavour. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is a fan of fruit teas!

As we were waiting to order, we surveyed the selection of cakes that the tea room had on offer that day. As well as a wonderful-looking selection of cheesecakes and other cakes, there was one in particular that sounded interesting to me. I've had vegetable cakes before, such as carrot cake, parsnip cake, chocolate and beetroot cake, but I'd never tried courgette cake! The cake was advertised as chocolate and courgette cake with lime and I was excited to try it.


I was quite disappointed by this cake. I didn't expect to taste the courgette strongly in the cake, but it may as well have just been listed as a chocolate cake. I couldn't taste the courgette at all and I'm still wondering where the lime came into the occasion as I couldn't taste that either. The cake was a very tasty chocolate cake though, not dry at all and not too rich.


No comments:

Post a Comment